Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Open Gaze


How many times did I look
to find that you are everywhere
like the sky!

In the silence of the day
You come my way
in the sunshine
in this silent
open gaze.

Looking over the sea
I see infinity
My vision expands
Like a vast open transparency
That holds the sea itself .
The sea and horizon reaches out
And literally I feel they are in me.
Me becomes a vast ocean of
Unending spacious clarity.
I hold everything that
I can see and in deed not see.

Behind me ,in front of me ,
Above me and below me .
As if a cross is pointed
In all these directions .
My own vision
Is all pervasive.

I see the real meaning in the cross.
The center has a meeting
Which is true recognition .

copyright m.m.

13:13-18: I am everywhere in the world, abiding in the hands, feet, eyes, heads, mouths, ears; I am all pervading.Illuminating the qualities of all senses, yet possessing no senses, maintaining everything, yet without being attached to anything, devoid of all material qualities, yet employing the senses,I am within and without all beings, both the unmoving and the moving. Due to My subtle nature, I am unknowable. I am far away yet near.Undivided, yet abiding within all living beings as if divided, the maintainer of all beings, the object of knowledge, devouring all; I am pre eminent.In all luminous objects I am the light; I am beyond darkness. I am said to be knowledge, the object of knowledge and the goal of knowledge; I am established within the hearts of all.Thus I have briefly explained the field, knowledge and the object of knowledge. Knowing this, My devotees are eligible to attain Me.

Bhagavad Gita.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the colour scheme in the page made it very difficult to read. Needs to brighter in my opinion.

From your self.

Anonymous said...

I can see clearly now the light has come.