Wednesday, March 12, 2008

From Tiru to Horroville

Chatters at Tasty

Hard at work

My living room
A build up of energy was coming to a point and intensity,it was pushing me in a direction of going . Having given up the smokes I tended to walk around Bhagavan and watch the emotions come dancing up .It was too much at some point ,as I sat outside the Hanuman temple one evening . I had to go somewhere , anywhere .

Walking around Bhagavan

I found this skull on the road next to the smashan , obviously placed there just after being burnt.

On the eve of my departure I spotted the dancing baba or the coconut swami gracefully dancing and skipping along near the Agni tirtham , the girl on my bike
Clara had no idea why I was pointing him out . The swami looked at me and smiled in the mountains rays. I was fortunate to have this glance again on my return .

Whats left of Joyti's chai shop , the rest was wiped out;Government regulations

The very morning I left I had a quick breakfast and as leaving the parota shop, saw one of the garbage collectors pulling a trolly .A protruding foot with a half missing toe jiggled up and down . I got closer and saw a stick and the body of a beggar, his face covered.In the morning light it was as if everybody was oblivious to this scene of the young man pulling the trolley along towards the cremation ground , it actually reminded me of Monty Phython's "bring out the dead!!!".


Preparing for Shivaratri.

I waited by Nandi in the temple on Sivaratri .

People came to celebrate.


Resting dog.

This place shows you the extremes and in turn the mind seeks introspection . Either you spill into a wishy washy place of mental gibber jabber or you are pulled home close to yourself and only yourself .Whatever, it always brings you back by taking away what was never
there .Dreamlike the illusion's reality in its appearing (just like the rope appearing as a snake) vanishes and crumbles, as another mirage appears .

Listening to yourself; Nishant Baba at Kanappa shrine.

I made it to Pondicherry on the bus with Clara . She was quite attractive and we seemed to get on together sitting quietly before we opened our mouths, (sometimes she reacted to my pointed views about reality and Aurobindo). For example I mentioned that it seemed that Aurobindo was aiming to bring a state of higher
perfection for humanity . Now if it came to a perfect state of perfection, into perfect alignment with great harmony then everything would collapse and vanish. Why? because there needs to be friction as duality for this world appearance to function .If this becomes neutral then there has to be a disillusionment. This bothered her greatly.......... and so we drank more beer together.Gradually I started
smoking under the influence of Foster's Larger a beer I hardly drink . It all started at the bus stand when she pulled out a beedie and some colourful character, looking very Rajasthanish was harrasing me for baksheesh.Puf
f, puff ,puff, "oh well", I ended up buying him a chai .


The Ganapati shrine we discovered and where I met the palm reader, who told me that money would come !

On the promenade with Mahatma Ghandi this boy cuts the pineapple .

Fascinated I looked at this temple door.



Pondicherry street scene.

From Pondicherry bus stand we got ripped off and paid more for our rickshaw ride to Horroville !Here is where the sea greeted us after the fiery presence of Arunachala , it soothed me but the beach was nothing like Perth beaches . the locals still in their trousers waded in the browny blue water
. The sand was mixed with pieces of burnt wood , glass , plastic and broken shells and something fishy. Eventually I found a good catch of sardines scattered on the beach further up , what a waste ! And that rotten smell gave food for the crows , at least they had it for a feast. My feet got itchy afterwards , what had I walked on ? The better thing about this was the food which came with a great French style the omlette I never had before !

Where I had the Omlette I never had before!



Swimmers ralaxing in their trousers.

Them itchy feet!

So I thought my offering to Shakti Ma made frutition having Clara by my side and so we talked late into the night often with long pauses of silence between our sayings . Nothing happened! After all I came here for a practical reason and that was to get a check up from the doctor for a ear infection . But Clara had appeared like a wish come true , yet it was quickly realized that I was chasing a dream with her . And so Auroville became a Horroville after a few puffs ,a few beers and another Aurovillian , I decided to hit the road back to the Mountain .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...also been to pondi with suyin to see a psychic doctor there,...nothing against pondi,..but it was so good to return to the mountain,...and to be engulfed again by its healing rays,...