Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Gunatita




View from Kannapa shrine at sunset


She moved holding a pair of small green crocs . I stood up abruptly and exclaimed "are they yours?!" The round ball like figure turned daintily with big eyes as my finger pierced the moist air . "No " she said as she pointed to another lady . "there hers!", her quivering voice said in return. My eyes landed upon the woman in question , her jet white hair falling neatly up to her shoulders , her eyes, openly shimmering came with a broad pearl white smile . She looked like someone lost but very happy as she meet my inquiring barrage of questions one after the other . It was an accident !! Oh now was it ? I then told them how I had just written the story below . The first lady carrying the crocs then said " Was it good ?" ,
"No it was not good ! ", as I then explained how I had just travelled into town to purchase a pair of cheap Indian strap ons . Their sorrowful expressions of regret filled the air as I told them of the consectutive losses I had to go through . The motherly look shone and melted away all confusion and disease . Once again I was happy without a care , and I was given due directions to an ashram where my crocs lay .



Gunatita : Beyond all three.

This Grandmother has turn my three bitches into the unknown quality , that of Gunatita . Beyond all three gunas , the qualityless . Which leads me onto another aspect of this journey which has unfolded in a magical Tantric way , and not as I have at all expected . For that I have to thank the feminine principle , which is formidable here in the Shakti shrines that I have come across .But more about this in another post.



Shakti Devotees during Girivalam.

I have been going through alot of fire in the last weeks having given up smoking and just seeing the flames lick up all the deep feelings as they come to drag me into another drag !
A walk up the mountain !

No comments: