Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Comet




Last night I ventured out and saw the Comet Mcnaught. It was about 9 pm and the colours of the sky changing from deep orange into yellow and fading into the blueness had my searching eyes . I managed to locate it and saw a long streak of a tail tearing down to the horizon . I started to take shots with the camera and managed to get one good shot , So here it is . I will look tonight and see if I can get another round as the others I took were because of my unsteady hand with such a far away object , they say it comes from an Oort cloud which dates to the formation of the solar system , the comets journey has been estimated at million years . It can be seen much clearer with the binoculars and is really obvious with its tail spraying behind it with the naked eye alone . Finding it is the trick , I heard you have to look left and up a little from the sunset .

No comments: